Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday

Had the opportunity for free photos today, so got dressed up to go, because I really need a head shot.  I've liked my hair every day for the past couple of weeks, but today I parted it weird (I don't know why) and it looked odd, and then I walked into a bathroom and looked in a mirror and I had developed welts around my left eye.  I thought about not going through with it, but then decided I would go anyway, and turn my head to the side so as to not really show the welts.  I don't have the money for head shots, good ones are expensive.  It's not just vanity, I need one to get work.  Anyway, I won't know for a couple of weeks.  There were 600 people signed up, but I went early and the waits were short.  I think there were 11-12 photographers, you got 3-4 shots at a spot.  I know some of them were goofy, I knew what my face was doing and heard the shutter click, but I'm hoping for one good one.  They are free because you had to sign a waiver that they could be used for promotional/advertising.  I don't care as long as it's a decent picture.

On my way home, I stopped at this police/fireman event and had a long conversation about crime statistics and another one about police horses.  Mostly, I wanted an excuse to pet the horse.  There was free food, and a pretty good jazz band playing.

I'm gonna see the show again (third time) tonight because I'm working Front-of-House.  I'll write what I like about it later, for fairness' sake.

(Our internet connection always says it's good, but never seems to work all that well.  Drops all the time without any explanation.)

U-District, earlier today.
On the ground, August 24/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment