Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday

It's just me, I think.  This show, produced elsewhere, got glowing reviews, for the very things that bother me.  I know it's supposed to be a spoof on Chekhov, ("The Seagull"), with a lot of Mamet-speak thrown in for good measure, but somehow the actual pathos and human depravity (and depth of character) present in those playwrights (and in Ibsen), all of which I like, inspite of their bleakness, is missing for me here.  (They take me in as an equal, assume I can "get it.")

Went to a longer dance class this morning, a step up from what I was doing, and it was both scary and fun.  Fun because it's beginning to make sense (physically) to me, and so it was good to continue on, scary because it was an extra half-hour and I always get anxious about "oh my god, what's next?"  Part of my nature that I'm learning to live with and work through. (I was the same way in all my theatre classes, and martial arts classes.  I'm fine in the warm ups and then get a little sense of panic when we stand up or have to do something. I don't know why, just how it is.) And six months ago if you said I'd get up early and say to myself "I think I'll get up and skip on over to an advanced (for me) dance class," I would have said you were nuts.  Who is this person?

I just found this Microsoft product card on the middle of my floor that I've never seen before.  Have no idea where it came from.  Weird.

These are from earlier this morning.  Sun on water and two Einstein quotes. ("Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." And "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.")  A garden is calling out to be weeded.  I go.
Sun on water, Aug 23/L Herlevi 2014

Einstein, Aug 23/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment