Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sore but Grateful

I woke up feeling, "Maybe I'm getting too old for this?"  Or at least feeling old in my body.  Probably got a decade on rest of performers.  Or, perhaps I'm just out of shape.

Get to be a part of this performance piece this week.  We've been in rehearsals all week.  When I applied, the qualification was being comfortable "running in the dark and hitting a mark on stage."  Which essentially is what we're doing, I suppose it's the daily six-to-eight hours of that that's hard.  On the upside, I'm sleeping like a rock.

I'm part of an ensemble in a section called "HYPERCUT" that is recruited locally for each city the show runs, and learns the choreography the week of the performance.

Still, super grateful to be working on this, with this group of people.

Our first show is tonight.

Andrew Schnieder's "AFTER" at On the Boards.  (Second piece of a trilogy.  They performed the first one, "YOUARENOWHERE" last weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment