Monday, July 4, 2022

Planes, trains, and automobiles

 I arrived in Santiago on July 1.  Somehow had conveniently booked a hotel near the new bus terminal, so leaving was easy enough. Never did make it to visit St James, though did walk through door of pardon (only open in Holy Years.) Everytime I tried to go there was a Mass in session, or yesterday, there was an ordination, and I didn't make it back.  Had spent far too much of my midday looking for someplace to eat, finally ended up at the Parador cafe, which is outside and not as expensive as the restaurant itself, plus there were tables available.  And then I wanted to take a nap before the 10-hour bus ride, plus repack.

I arrived at the airport before 7 this morning. My flight is at 6 am tomorrow. When I booked the hotel, I still thought I'd need to get a COVID test before flying home, but at any rate I had 5 hours to wait before I could check in.  Working up the courage to figure out how to hail a cab. Have never done it. There is a bus, but I don't know which stop to get off at.  Apparently I could walk, too, but I have no idea which way to go, and it's hot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment