Saturday, October 10, 2015

Random things

The closest weather gauge has the rain at almost an inch (it's now 2:22 pm), and I believe it: the side of our yard, against the house, is flooded.  A sudden increase of wind kicked up as well (and it was quite warm, though the temperature has since dropped back to the low 60's.)  We seem to be in this pattern lately of getting a month's worth of rain on one day.  I  don't mind the wind, but I hope the rain lets up a little, I have a gig shortly.

After, ended up bidding at the auction...happily lost on the mandolin, someone told me later he thought the frets were off, sounded like an easy enough fix if you knew what you were doing, but I don't.  Guess, I'll still learn the banjo, then.  Ended up with a very colorful (chaotically so), 70's style, afghan for $10 because no one else bid on it.  Always wanted one, and it's getting cold at night again.  I might pay a little more when I give them the check, also ended up with a clutch purse from the 60's or 70's, and a loaf of bread.  It was a fundraiser for the Finnish church where we rehearse.

(Apparently, it did get warmer when the back end of a hurricane passed through.  It's still breezy, but the rain has let up.)

Went to a puppet show last night, raunchier than last time I went, and stretched the definition of puppetry.  There was a workshop today, but I couldn't go because of the singing gig. I'd like to get more involved in it.   I like puppets.  (In my mind, circus/puppet/clown/mime, etc., all kinda' live in the same world.)

And in other clown news, a bunch of clowns rallied to save a block of Belltown slated to be redeveloped and succeeded in getting landmark status for one of the buildings mid-block: Well done!

Ah, this blanket makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment