Sunday, November 8, 2015

Back Home

Tried to make it to a show tonight, there was a pick-up point, and the show itself is in a secret location, really wanted to go.  First bus was slow, and we were late getting downtown, so missed my transfer (a seven minute window, and we didn't make the window.)  Transferred onto a different bus and asked the bus driver if he went to that stop, he said, "yes," but in the end, misunderstood where I had wanted to go, and I asked at one point if I'd missed the stop, but he thought I wanted to go to a stop on Harbor Island (apparently), at which point I looked out and said I wasn't getting off there, and asked if he went anywhere where there would be people around (it was underneath the freeway on Harbor Island.  No.)  He dropped me off in W. Seattle, where upon I ran up the block in the street to catch a bus coming back toward town, but by the time we got to the first stop, I was already too late.  I did leave with enough time to get there.

The whole thing left me feeling frazzled and slightly traumatized (can't explain that, but that's how I felt: on the bus, on the bus back downtown, waiting, and all the way home; can't explain it, like experiencing something that makes you feel separate, and you have to "fake" normal?  Don't know how to explain it.  Not pleasant.)  Maybe it was a combination of missing the show, low blood sugar, maybe hormones, I don't know.  Starting to feel normal.  See I have a call on my phone that I missed because (of course) I realized I didn't have it when I was running for the first bus, and didn't have time to go back and get it.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment