Saturday, July 8, 2017

Sitting around

Editing personal work all morning, so, technically, haven't gotten up yet.  Woke up with a headache, dehydration, and probably roommate smoking.

Bartended at the Ballard Seafood Fest last night, it was pretty slow for our shift, but the weather was good, and it seemed like a good time to hang out on the street for the evening.  There was an 80's coverband playing.  None of us knew who was playing or at what time, so we got excited for music during the sound check (a cover of Dead or Alive's, "You Spin Me 'Round") which they stopped half-way through, and so not actually immediately realizing it was a sound check, we joked around that they'd broken up mid-song, a brawl on stage...clearly we needed more to do.  Anyway, they did return, and played for a couple of hours.  By the time they started, the crowd had gotten quite large, and people were dancing and having a good time.  At some point, I was holding an empty cup, and the woman next to me and I clinked glasses for a song (can not remember now what song), and then since mine was empty, she poured half of what was in her cup into mine.  And, yes, I drank it. (Ah, the song was "Respect" by Erasure.)

We get a food voucher in return for working.  I was hungry again, even though I'd eaten a burrito before my shift, so I took the voucher for Hattie's Hat, instead of the salmon meal, since those weren't available last night, and wandered over after about an hour.  When I walked back up the street, the band was still playing, though, they had switched instruments by that point.  I think they are called, "Nite Wave."  An older man stopped to ask me if I knew, he said he liked them.  The last two bands I've seen have been 80's cover bands...and actually, the shows were in connection to things I was volunteering for, other was a SIFF event (80's Teen Movie Dance Party, where I stood on the street with a sign for a party shuttle near the Seattle Center, and people kept walking up to read the sign wondering if I was asking for money, and also, for some reason, telling me random things about their pasts...but after a point, the driver and I hung out at the party, to see if anyone wanted a ride back Downtown.)

Anyway, got to the bus stop, just as the routes were in the process of re-routing, some did, some did not.  I walked over to the re-route, just in time to see the bus I wanted not take the re-route.  Took over an hour to get home, most of which I was asleep for, but thankfully woke up for both my stops.

I'm still tired, should probably get this checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment