Monday, June 28, 2021

Too Darn Hot

Woke up feeling sick at 5 am, and just decided to get up.  No breeze at all last night, leaned out the door for a while and looked at the stars, but it wasn't much cooler outside vs inside.  Broke out the box fan to try to cool things down, but it was still around 87 F.  I drank enough, I don't think I'm dehydrated, but sick from the heat.

Got some coffee on way into work (went into work because it's air-conditioned.)  Made me feel worse, and my thoughts were odd and forgetful, shaky, headache, nauseous, etc.  Finally, took an ibuprofen, and ate some salty protein, and am starting to feel better.

Found out I'm getting an air-conditioning unit next week, which is good.  Not sure what I'll do tonight, no cooling centers in my neighborhood, but I'll stay at work as long as I can.  My phone says it's already 102 F.

As I was leaving the house, one worksite was just getting started, while I heard someone shout down from a second building that all work was ceasing by 10 am. (I'm surrounded by construction sites.)  At least they're keeping safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment