Friday, December 4, 2009

December 6

Sunday afternoon, and though it's sunny and quite cold (hovering around freezing) behind the window for December 6, 2009 is a: Frappe, which is a frothy iced Nescafe w/milk, and a little sugar, from the Continental Restaurant and Pastry Shop in Seattle's University District. Address is: 4549 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105(206) 632-4700. They are open Mon-Fri 7 am-10 pm, Sat/Sun 8am-10 pm.

Frappe

I've been coming here since 1987 when I first moved to the area. They serve my all-time favorite soup in Seattle, the lentil, called "Faki." Back when we were broke (kinda' like now) my sister and I used to treat ourselves to a cup of faki each and split an order of the Greek fries, which are sprinkled with salt and dried oregano, still my favorite thing on the menu. They also have a small mercantile where they sell wine and olive oil soap among other items, as well as a pastry case. I believe that on most nights there is also one of a rotating lists of language groups that meet over drinks and pastries to converse in the language of the evening.

Here is a link to their menu, though I could not find a website for the restaurant: http://www.allmenus.com/wa/seattle/20084-the-continental/menu/

No comments:

Post a Comment