Saturday, August 12, 2017

Quiet here

Sitting in a coffee shop, eating popcorn for dinner, trying to finish up Brian Wilson's memoir: "i am Brian Wilson" tonight.  This is only book 13 since end of June (I'm trying for 24 by September 5, not sure if that will happen, but it's already more books than I've read in the past few years combined, though I've read a lot of plays), I'm in the middle of five others, I'm hoping the combination of the lot will add up to something new in my head, though I now can't remember exactly what the first one I read was about, though it reminded me of  "The Truman Show" ("Time out of Joint" by Philip K. Dick.)

Just before 10, I walk out and head home.  The evening is mostly silent, someone talks on a cell phone in a car; a man runs down the sidewalk; but no sound of traffic.  A breeze has kicked up, the smoke has cleared out: it's starting to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment