Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Finding the intangible to hold

Home from a long, difficult, and yet productive discussion.  I realize I'm stonewalling because I feel I can't handle one more loss, so I've built a wall.  And now I realize that I need to grieve.  That there needs to be an outlet in the community for grief, maybe others also do not recognize the need.  And then we need to rebuild the community, remember why we chose each other.

There is no permanence.  The city is rapidly changing.  People are leaving.  New people are arriving.  What can you hold onto?  What's left in the changing landscape?  How do you find compassion for yourself, for community, for others when all you feel anymore is loss?

And there will inevitably be loss, now or later.  We make the choice or let time make the choice and learn to adjust either way.  Are we the agents or the passive receivers, either way a choice is made.  Status quo will not last, so what do we choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment