Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Something

First, ugh.  Been having a lot of kitchen-sink-style dreams, basically, everything I've read or looked at or noticed showing up in some form.  (A friend had one that I showed up in a couple of weeks ago, where I was trying to organize a parade...pre-news thing.  I just showed up in his anxiety dream.)  Anyway, just took a hard look at some pretty shitty aspects of my life.  It sucks.  What do I do about it?  I'm not sure.  So, that's "ugh."

Had to wear the boot again today, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so might not be able to wear it tomorrow.  I've been trying to avoid it, it makes me feel like I'm malingering, but the foot pain is killing me, and it was the only way I could walk out of the house, so I gave in.  The pain kept me up most of the night.  Feels like someone has driven a spike into the side of my arch.  I imagine it could hurt worse, but I don't want to feel that.  So, grateful I still have it, and am hobbling around again.  It relieves a little of the pressure.

When I finally forced myself to get out of bed and stand this morning, the sun was just starting to rise.  The blue part of the sky had a magnificent greenish cast to it, and because there were no clouds, where the sun hit, it was a pool of color.  So beautiful.  I walked outside and stood barefoot on the frost-covered porch to get a better view; cold, but I thought the ice might do some good for the pain.

Lent starts tomorrow.  Thinking of trying to give up plastic, not sure how feasible that is, but I'll make the effort, at least be more aware of it.  Also, to pay attention to how much I waste water, and to cut back.  (Ash Wednesday is on Valentine's Day, and Easter is on April Fool's this year.)

Got some cool art stuff happening, and figured out what section of text I want to use for voice class, but have a lot of work/exploration to do with it.  So, I'm excited about all of that.

(And someone informed me that my rabbit is back, but I haven't seen it.  I did see a different one a couple of weeks ago, and two others-hanging out with two raccoons- in a patch of grass under a streetlamp back in December.)

We continue on when everything falls apart around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment