Thursday, March 12, 2020

March 12

Fewer and fewer people about.  Grounds crew out mowing the lawn.  Police.  A couple of cyclists.  The trees bloom in silence.  More and more businesses shut down for lack of clients, diners, etc.

I've been eating out a lot over the past couple of weeks, both to keep supporting the restaurants, and because I won't be able to in the near future.

Last night we had a mid-week Lenten service, keeping 10-20 feet apart.  I want to be in the community as long is remains safe for all of us.  It's important to me.  There were only 10 of us there, including the pastor and the organist.  After, we recorded the lessons for this coming Sunday, as well as some singing.  Sunday services are cancelled, as they are at many churches now.  This will all be put online.

It's weird, when I say "goodbye" or "goodnight" now, I'm aware I don't know when I'll see you/them again.

I had a health scare earlier this winter (still having it I suppose, I don't know what it is), and for a week I just felt in limbo.  I didn't know what it was, and in some ways was afraid to do anything (is it my heart? Do I need my gallbladder removed? Is it something else?), and then on the other hand, just wanting to enjoy and experience all that I could, and not take things for granted.  When the emergency surgery and my heart were finally ruled out, I felt my anxiety lessen.  But now we are in another limbo.  Just waiting.  Waiting.  Doing the best we can.

It's so quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment