Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday, because the garbage was picked up yesterday

It's Saturday.  Mostly been quarantined for the past week, officially it was Wednesday night, or was it Monday night?  I go for walks, since the parking lots at the lake have been closed, and since it's been rainy all week, the numbers of people have decreased, keeping more of a distance.  When I pass people on the paths, we give each other 6-10 feet of clearance.  I go get a cup of coffee every morning.  The grocery stores and coffee shops have marks on the floor for how far to stay apart.  I find this essential, I need the check-in with someone.

On Monday night one of my housemates went to go hunker down with his family, he wanted to go before he might have been infected, and his family wanted him home.  One of my other housemates took off for California right before quarantine there, she's a college student, and her school was cancelled for the rest of the year, she also wanted to be with her parents.

On Wednesday, I had been home too long, and felt like I was going to hurt someone (two of the housemates were banging stuff around and it was driving me nuts.)  It probably would've bothered me less had I not been inside my room all day.  Thursday morning, I read the news after I woke up, and cried for an hour, it suddenly felt very real to me.  Read a story of sanitation workers finding people dead on their beds when they entered houses to disinfect, and that's just heartbreaking.  I had to go for a walk before starting work.

I made the stew again on Thursday, realizing that my diet has been awful (almost entirely carbs) and needed to eat something healthy, but not feeling like cooking.  It's the third time I've made it.  The second time I added carrots and then peas at the end.  This time I opened a can of wine, and realized it was sangria, and not a house red, so used apple cider vinegar in place.  Forgot to add peas, but had increased the carrots to two.  It worked.  And it can just sit on the stove simmering while I do other things.  For work, I mostly take calls, answer emails, and am doing on-line classes.  This week I did coursework on navigating change, and customer service.  I also started on a module about how to ask the right questions.

I started to organize my book shelves today, but only managed to get to two, but they are dusted, and neater, I guess.  And I carried home a bag of potting soil and gardening tools, so I can start some seedlings.  I haven't done it yet, but I have some time.  We've gotten our manure delivery, but the weather has turned cold and rainy, and I still have a lot of weeding to do in my actual garden.  I keep putting it off.  Definitely a need for the produce, though.

We have ants streaming in through the kitchen window, can never figure out what suddenly drives that, they aren't really going anywhere in particular.  I should go see what they're up to now.  And eat.

We are all in this together.  Be kind.  Wash your hands.  Keep your physical distance, but reach out to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment