Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday

My stomach is killing me.  Been hurting since Friday, keep hoping it'll get better on it's own, I'm not worried, it just hurts.  (Like someone tied a knot in my gut and then started pulling on it.)

Learned a trick for hitting high notes, and that is that instead of thinking "high" (which can pinch your throat), think about throwing the sound to the floor.  Makes a huge difference...how have I never heard this before?  Better volume, too.

We have a concert next week and then we might be done for the year, I'm pushing for a couple more rehearsals, to look at Oma Maa, see if it's feasible to sing it next fall.  I really want to sing it, but we might not have enough rehearsals to get it down.  Will free up Mondays though.

Still haven't decided if I'll take a class this spring.  Leaning heavily to the intensive in the summer, which will be most of June.  Would like to do a scene study class, too, because I haven't done scene (or much partner) work in a while.  Have a spark of an idea for another solo piece (possibly two), but nothing for the clown showcase.  I need to move, too, I tend to generate more ideas through movement than thinking.  (Move, write, and speak, move, write, and speak.)

And find a director.

No comments:

Post a Comment