Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Not much

Not much going on lately, in a state of flux, trying to figure out what to do next.  And finally deciding to get up and deal with the state of entropy that so quickly builds up when you let everything slide.  (A result of which was giving more clothes away, and clearing out more space...oh, and cooking a lot.)  The only recipe I ended up making from the French cookbook was an apple cake; I made it 2x, and adjusted it, the second time using plums and apples, and changing some of the other proportions.  I am curious how it is supposed to turn out, though it was fine as made (substituted a duck egg for two chicken eggs, cloudberry liqueur instead of rum, increased the flour by a 1/4 cup, and used a slightly larger pan...so it turned out flatter than it probably should.  If I make it again, I'll reduce the sugar, it's too sweet.  It's 3/4 C sugar and 1/2 C of butter.)  I made them both for work parties, though at the second event, there were very few people, so I offered slices to random people in the park.

Thinking about how my life does (or doesn't) reflect what I say my priorities are, been thinking about this all summer...or am I living/acting what I say I believe or is it all lip service?  Just seems to be coming up a lot recently, both in things I've been reading and in conversations.  And if these don't match to a greater extent, it's no wonder I feel out of sorts.

Finally going to a physical therapist for this hip/leg thing.  Doesn't seem to have gotten better on it's own, and four months is long enough.

Happy Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment