Monday, November 6, 2017

Monday

Had recently been thinking that I don't get as many headaches as I used to, only to wake up this morning with splitting pain.  Drank three glasses of water, and found a stray ibuprofen to take and that kept it at bay, but now it's returning.  Sigh.  Wasn't sure if it was dehydration or my sinuses, or a combination.  I hardly drank anything yesterday, I need to find new ways to change that; I drink enough on work days, but not so much on weekends.  (Also, house is probably dusty from furnace being back on.)  It did get me out of the house early (just after 6:30 am, to go buy coffee and sit some place without dust) and consequently, early to work.

Got concealer on the skirt (had a very clumsy morning on Saturday, dropping things left and right), and was supposed to return it today, but have finally managed to muster the courage to tell the shop about the stain, and ask what I should do about it.  I'm leaning toward taking it to the cleaners, it's acetate, and while I did finally get the make-up out, it created another stain in the process. I haven't heard back, yet.

The concert was a kick!  It was fun to be on that stage, even with half a house, I think the people there enjoyed it.  We sat in the house for the first half, and it sounded great.  The whole experience was fun, the rehearsal, the professionalism of the hall staff, the decent bathrooms and changing spaces, the staff calling the entrances, etc., so that all we had to worry about was following someone else's directions, and then going out there and performing.  That was awesome.  A friend of mine came, too, and that made me happy.  (Joining this choir has opened up a lot of cool experiences: the Finland tour (and everything that was a part of that), singing at Folklife, and while this is the second time we've sung at Benaroya, it's the first time we've sung from the stage, and in general, we have a lot of public performances, which has made me braver.  And made me a better singer than I was.)

It snowed on Friday (which is super early in the season for us) and then again on Sunday, though it didn't stick either time.  Just suddenly cold; the previous weekend it had been almost 70 degrees.  It hardly ever snows here, so had to keep going out to walk in it while I could.  Now it's sunny and bright blue out.

Oh, yeah, and my computer finally died (for good, I think) on Saturday.  I have a notebook, but can't recall how to get the keyboard to sync, so won't be writing as much.  Will not be able to waste so much time on youtube or trying to win at Spider Solitaire (what I do when I'm stressed out and procrastinating.) Guess I can work on other projects, and deal with stuff instead of putting it off.

Time for new things.  Say "yes."

(She ended up being cool about the stain.  Told me to drop off the skirt, as they were sending other clothes over to the dry cleaners.  Not everyone is a tyrant, after all.  Even if I do live in fear of them.  Even if I am blindsided, I have to act at some point, regardless.  Deal with the aftermath in exchange for actually getting on with my life and taking a chance; the only other option is stagnation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment