Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween

Went to go get someone a cup of coffee while he waited for a meeting, to find a spider hanging out under where the cup goes.  I had to point it out to someone, because it's Halloween and all, (and that never happens), and then caught it and put it outside, in the sun.  I looked back at it, waving it's little spider legs at me, probably the equivalent of waving its spider fist at me, or flipping me off: the coffee pot was nice and warm, and there was frost outside this morning.  (It'll probably find it's way back in.)

Thought about dressing up as a bat, but woke up late, and it was enough to get out of the house on time.  The bus was overly crowded, either a bus was late, or it's mid-terms and students are attending class today.  A few people dressed up, most memorable of those was a man dressed up as a slice of pepperoni pizza.  I was sitting at the counter eating breakfast at the Sunlight cafe on Sunday, when a little girl a couple of stools over announced in exasperated seriousness that there should be at least two weeks holiday for Halloween.  Everyone chuckled.  Ah, just dress up every day anyway.

I have rehearsal tonight, so won't see any of the trick-or-treaters, if we get any.  Keep thinking after Saturday, we'll get a break, but no break really until after Christmas, performances left and right.  We really only have one gig in the spring.  We had the option of taking next Monday off, but I'm opting to go to rehearsal even though I'd like a break, because we have a big gig on the following weekend, and though we know the music, we haven't rehearsed it much this year, due to all the other gigs.

I'm exhausted, and my stomach has been killing me for the past week.  Pretty much only feel better by walking or curling up in the fetal position.  Have been eating oddly for the past week, so, that's part of it.  Not been home long enough to cook my own food, well, okay, choosing to sleep over cooking.

I was telling a friend that I didn't have clothes for the concert, and she hooked me up with a costume department, I'm going there later today, to see if they have a skirt or dress pants in black.  I'm in the front, but I'm hoping the orchestra is actually on the same level and blocking me a bit: I don't really have the right shoes either, but I'm not gonna worry about that.

Think I'll go walk to the store and buy some Halloween candy; the sun's out and I can't sit still here any more.

Happy Anniversary to my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment