Monday, March 26, 2018

Sick dog

Unexpected day off, woke up to find the dog had vomited at some point during the night, and then did again.  I can't leave him home sick.  I am thankful I have leave.  I made him special food, (rice/broth/baby food) which he did eat, and he perked up briefly to try to beg me for my food, but has mostly been sleeping.  I'm watching to check if he drinks, but as I haven't been home with him during the day, I don't know what normal for him is.  I'm keeping an eye on him.  Hoping he'll get better on his own, without a vet visit, but have that info if needed.

I've had so little sleep.  My mind is pretty blank.  Maybe I'll try writing while I sit around.  If I sit on the couch, the dog wants me to cuddle with him. (And at 60-70 lbs, he's big for a lap dog...but he's sweet.)  The cat is hiding out in the basement.

It's breezy, cold, and overcast out.  Lights swing outside the window.  Across the way, flowering quince, and an apple tree are in full bloom.  There were a few people in the grocery store when I went to buy rice and baby food for the dog.  Otherwise, it feels so empty.  I have the local news on for company.  It's so quiet of people sounds: just wind, and the movement of trees against the house, and possibly freeway traffic.  I'm feeling an inner obstinance to writing.  Why everything you want to get better at is a daily practice: do it even if you don't feel like it, are uninspired.  Inspiration may never come.  I should turn off the tv and bear the silence, get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment