Monday, April 2, 2018

Back home

One last morning with the wide open view to the west: moon set, clear sky, snow-capped mountain range.  Glorious.

Saturday was a perfect "summer" day, though it cooled off quite fast.  Tried to sit outside to read, but kept getting too hot.  Sunday brought thunder storms, and three separate bouts of hail.  Every time I thought I could make a run for it to take my stuff back home, another bout hit.  Finally just went anyway, and hit a lull in the weather.  It needed to get done.

Still have more to carry home.  I've had three brief stints at home over the past couple of weeks.  It's a mess, and I have stuff I need to catch up on.  The dog seemed to know I was leaving this morning.  The cat has resorted to licking throw pillow (kinda' mindlessly) until I pulled them away to get him to stop.  One of them is kicking cat litter around.  (I've cleaned up everything but that, it's just the litter, not any pet waste.  Only so much time.)

I feel like I've been working the equivalent of three jobs for the past couple of weeks: my regular job, the house/pet sitting, and a combo of the two choir commitments/garden leadership, and maybe getting four hours sleep a night.  I'm exhausted.  Wiped out.  Burned out.

I was super frazzled yesterday morning (translate to blunt and tart), a friend caught that and came and talked to me for a while (mostly just to see that I was okay.)  When I got back to the house, I called my parents, and then had a message from someone else wishing me a "Happy Easter" which was nice, since they don't share my beliefs.  And by that point was super emotional, and burst out crying.  (Like at Thanksgiving, only no memory or thought tied to it.  Emotional release, I guess.  Couldn't pin it to any one thing.)

I'm not thinking straight.  I probably just need to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment