Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday

Well, the vote happened, and it passed.  We are now in unchartered land, and I suppose a shake-up will be good in the end...as someone said, "Sometimes you have to say 'Yes' and trust."  And of course, now that it's happened, I'm not anxious about any further outcome: the door to the past is shut, and the possibilities entangled with that outcome are gone.  Have been wrestling with the related anxiety for months.

Worked a concierge shift for the film festival on Saturday night.  It ended earlier than slated, and my driver drove me home, so that saved the cab fare.  It had been a sunny day, so I didn't think to bring a rain jacket when I left to catch the bus, but halfway to Downtown, a downpour hit, and if anything, it just kept raining harder.  I was drenched from the four blocks of walking by the time I got to the hotel lobby, looking like a drowned rat to check-in for my shift.  Luckily, the bathrooms had real towels.  Luckily, I could get out of it, some people had no place to shelter.

Went to this museum event after work on Friday, and a matinee of a play on Sunday, so no gardening done.  At least it rained, so, if the plants haven't been devoured by slugs, they should still be growing.  I'll be there a lot this week.  I can't believe it's already almost Memorial Day weekend, feel like we just had our last holiday, and were talking about how long until the next one was...three-and-a-half months ago.

Have a staged reading coming up, and will probably audition for this other upcoming performance piece.  And look into tap classes for the summer.

And need to make the time to figure out/write down for myself what I actually believe, want out of life, give myself an anchor.  And decide if my day-to-day life is really what I want and if it's working for me, and if I chose it, or fell into a groove and stayed on auto-pilot.  Maybe there's more.  Finding out is care of self, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment