Friday, February 22, 2013

End of a short week

Well, I think I've found the libretto.  No context whatsoever, but there are words and music.  Need to remember to bring 1 article of clothing and 1 prop. Throat feels quite swollen, went to hosptial again (yikes!) and they said that it didn't seem to be affecting my breathing and so sent me home.  Made the appointment with the ENT for this coming Monday.  I want to deal with all of these things this year, plus this one has pretty much come to a head. I suppose at least they put numbing solution in nose and throat...will be glad when it's done.  Also sent my application for the Finnish Language Institute Summer language intensive.  There are around 100 spots I think. Course and housing are covered but would need a travel grant to go.  It would be a good experience to go, and I'm getting more involved in the Finn-Am community, so would actually use the language, but not the end of the world if I don't get in. My supervised essay was weak, I freeze inside when I have the pressure to improvise suddenly. It's part of the reason I take the acting classes (also, I want to perform), but it comes up in language, and any situation where I have to improv. Not my strongest suit. (Suite?)  It's suddenly cold and windy and rainy out again, no snow, so much milder than most of the country, still I was prepared for it to be spring. Need to read the libretto. Almost gave into using the cc today, but in the end, I found a way not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment