Monday, February 25, 2013

well, that was unpleasant

Had the vocal chords looked at today.  My nose is still burning but the chords themselves looked fine. (I should've asked if I could see them, I'm curious.) Mystery unsolved.  He said, "no singing, no yelling, no shouting, no whispering, no chocolate, no coffee, no alcohol, no citrus, no ginger, no garlic, no onion, no tomato products...yes to a CT scan" and various other pricey appointments.  Sigh.  I hope it's just GERD or something non-scary. I have two concerts this weekend. I was already planning on not singing at one of them, I suppose I'll go to the other rehearsal tonight and try not to sing, but in the event I feel better on Sunday, I need to know the director/conductor notes for the music. Even if I feel better, I was only planning on 1/2 of the music.  No way I can sing a whole concert at this point (though admittedly high soprano is easier than alto.) Need to sew the hole in my (folk costume) shirt, too.  Did give into using the cc on Saturday.  Wow, there's a massive dark cloud in the sky now, it was sunny about 15 minutes ago-so the air conditioning has kicked in. I need a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment