Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents' Day

I think there are plum trees, and hellebores and crocuses blooming now.  Got most of the homework done, but not the essay or the room descriptions, nor did I practice balancing outside. I'll post a picture of the chicken I was pet-sitting shortly, and the cat.

Managed to sing out of my belly last night.  It was nice having the accompanist (?), I have a lot to think about.  I need to find a copy of the script/score/libretto.  I don't want to watch someone else's version, so I don't want to rent the movie. Although, I did watch part of the song on youtube, but it was totally out of context.  I need to see what the location was script wise. I was just trying to find a motivation for the character based on the words, but of course, this is an acting class, so context matters.  Only 3 weeks left.  I really should have chosen a song in a higher octave, I can sing this, and I find the character interesting, and I was trying to give my throat a break, but in the end, I am a soprano, and this song could be an alto.  (I don't know how to love him-Jesus Christ Superstar.) It's also pretty old.  In the future, I think I'd like to try doing Defying Gravity  from Wicked.  Only three weeks left for both classes (I think.) Sigh. What will I do with my free weekends?

Incidentally, I don't know how the crow (Spot) knew I was home today. Sat outside cawing.  Eventually, it jumped onto the eave and looked at me through the window. I fed it some leftovers, it invited friends and suddenly I had a yard full of crows.  (And a cleaner fridge....need to put out the garbage and get to choir rehearsal now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment