Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday

Voice lessons started last night. The class was fun and really liberating and brought up a bunch of issues about why it's frightening to sing in front of an audience and how to enter a room and be noticed and to invite the "audience" to be there with you.  Very cool.

At times I have been a photographer, and I've decided to do a retrospective of my work.  It will be 27 or 28 years worth, I started earlier than that, but that's about when I started to print my own stuff.  I think 2 shots per year (and some years I shot hundreds and hundreds of picture) for now, so that will involve a lot of winnowing.  They won't be chronological, but I'll be posting them here and if  I find a thread through it all, I'll try to get a show somewhere.

Day 15 without alcohol.  Had sugar in black tea to calm my stomache...whatever works, and it does for me.  I don't seem to have the "I'm sick so eating is bad" impulse, and I'm really hungry, but eating would be a bad idea. (The second time I was in Spain, the Norovirus was making the rounds through the albergues, I was suddenly sick as I was about to leave Sahagun, and I hung out in a bar until another albergue opened, and then checked in and crawled into bed.  I remember craving chorizo pretty bad.  Would not have been the wisest choice and I resisted and ate biscuits-British-and drank tea instead.) Crackers? Went to work for about 1 1/2 hours this morning, and I am grateful for sick leave. I needed to go to class, and that was at 9:30 am.  We have a test this week.

And it's interesting how love for one opens you up to so many other people. I don't mean the abstract universal love, which is always there for me, but the individual love.

I've let go of my hopes for snow in the lowlands this year, and I'm fine with that. Which reminds me, I bought some bulbs last fall that still need to be planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment