Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

and nary a priest in sight when I walk through Red Square. I decided I will give up using credit (as in cards) for Lent. I considered coffee or sugar or chocolate, but finances would be harder and more useful. Day 1.

And not to be judgemental, but when I attempt to sing with pushing a lot of air out, I sound pretty awful...something I hope to learn to get a handle on.  We will have a pianist for next class which ups the stakes, and the desire to show up prepared so as to respect their time (as well as mine.) And the song I'm singing (or the 16 bars) is easier to figure out motivation and emotion for as a song.  When I try to think of it as text, I don't know how I would read it.  You'd think the process would be the same, and it's really not for me.  Luckily, it is a song.

Still need to plant the bulbs.  Still need to get the throat looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment