Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday and it is not snowing here

Sunday.  Guess I should at least get up and go get coffee.  I need to go pay a bill, and am trying to decide where to do that.  The Weather Underground lists a snow alert between 3:15-4:15 pm today.  Rain in nine minutes.  (Actually, it started snowing around 1 pm, didn't stick.) Walked halfway around the lake, caught a bus Downtown to pay a bill, caught same bus back to original stop and resumed walking.  Promptly (and inexplicably) slipped on an icy sidewalk.  It had been above freezing all day, and there was no ice around it (and it was not visible in any way.)  Woman in front of me slipped as well, but I didn't actually see it.  She mentioned it after I slipped.

 I went out for a walk just before 9 am yesterday, and returned home from it as the sun was setting.  Took a detour to the zoo.  It was sunny and cold, so just not overly motivated to be cold again.
Also, have been inspired to begin "Don Quixote" at last, and have started it.  I like it, but I get all emotional about the idea, something about Spain, I guess.  The first time I went to Spain, it was the 400th anniversary of "Don Quixote," and there were public readings of it all over the place - billboards, tv, etc.  (Still reading Shakespeare, a variety of other books, finishing "David Copperfield," and writing.)  Pretty much all I did over the break was walk, and a little bit of cooking.  Never did sort through anything.  I find I have an amazing ability to do absolutely nothing at all.

And one new thing is Shakespeare; finally taking a class.  (And I'm day 4, no sugar - also, no alcohol, but not much temptation there.  I might drop wheat and dairy after my birthday.  I bought cheese on New Year's Eve, and I need to finish it.)  And still waiting to see if my application was received for the film class, always possible I sent it to the wrong address.

I'm out of practice.  I need a monologue.  Hit the ground running.

No comments:

Post a Comment