Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday

Been watching these Royal Shakespeare Company DVD's called "Playing Shakespeare."  I have to finally return them tonight, but just blown away by how good these actors are, they turn on a dime.  There are things I'm not ready to comprehend yet (which is why I'm taking an intro class), but it's inspiring.

My physical therapist discharged me from care yesterday.  I suppose I have the option of returning in the future, I'm about 40% better, I can put on my shoes and socks without pain now, and I'm a lot stronger, the gym exercises at the end there were pretty brutal.  I need to find some type of exercise I like.  One of the more interesting things about all this, was when I saw the hip doctor in December, she took x-rays, and found no joint damage.  13 years ago I was told I did have joint damage and to be careful about high-impact exercise, but I guess that was wrong.  Interesting.  Second opinions are worth something.

And just got a letter that my rent is going up, $60 for rent, $10 more on the utilities (so up to $760.)  So, I'm looking.  My lease isn't up for a couple more months, but there are much nicer places, fewer people, lower rent, etc, out there currently.  Just have to figure out how I'll do the actual "moving" part, being that I can't actually really lift anything at this point.

Drank a mocha this morning.  Didn't rock my world, but have been feeling irritable and edgy all week and thought it might help. (Excuses, excuses.)  Still edgy.  Time to cut some cords.  Avoidance isn't serving me well.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment