Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday

After class, again, so tired I barely made it in the house.  I was wondering what would still scare me and then found it:  doing the monologues in front of everyone (plus a guest) over-emphasizing, and playing with the alliteration, sounds, verbs, etc...mostly it scared me because I'm not sure how to do it.  We only got to three people, though.  Picked scenes/partners, my monologue is from a comedy, though the monologue itself kinda' goes all over the place; the scene is not a comedy.  I had also been leaning toward something from "The Taming of the Shrew" because the dialogue is fast and it woulda' been fun, and also like the Elizabeth and Richard scene from "Richard III," but in the end went with the Scottish play.  I have a week to figure it out before meeting with my partner.  Also tentatively agreed to do a second scene, if needed, with someone who was absent today.  I must've lost my mind...not sure what all this free time I think I have is.

We walked out the door into a group of cops standing over a woman who'd been pepper sprayed and asking her if she wanted water for her eyes, and saying something about a drunk tank.  At the bus stop, the air smelt like a cow pasture.  No idea why.  It still lingers in my nose.

Too tired to write any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment