Thursday, February 11, 2016

Wednesday

Ash Wednesday.  Got off at a later stop to look for a priest.  After joining in a circle for a reading and a prayer, two lines formed: one for the priest, and a second for a lay person, a woman.  In the end I stood in line for the woman, someone like me.  Walking to work after, I was reminded of volunteering to give communion, which I often do, but not usually the bread portion.  A young man stood in front of me and asked me to bless him.  I remember thinking, "Who am I to give anyone a blessing?"  But I did it.  Powerful and  humbling, like washing someone's feet.

And this act, a blessing of ashes, to mark the time, set it aside: for contemplation, for reevaluation, for thoughtfulness for what I have done how I have lived and what I might choose differently.  Every day an act of defiance to the things that stood in my way.  Things I put there, or things I passively let box up my life.  Every day an act of bravery.  To not procrastinate, to reach out, to forgive, to ask for forgiveness, to appreciate, to say it, to lift someone up, to be a fool.  To offer and to receive.

The predicted "late" rain, came early and washed everything clean again.

The film class also began today: exciting, and scary, and fun.  Very intense for the actors.  Have to be prepared.

And it's interesting that the majority of the actors are over 30; curious if that will affect the casting decisions and/or story decisions for final directing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment