Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tired

I have found, lately, that writing takes more energy than I have.  Saw two shows last week linking (in my mind, anyway) ideas of memory and identity, both on an individual level, and on a cultural level.  Currently lacking the energy to write coherently on this, but there is a spark there, so I will try.

I'm exhausted.  Find I can barely stay awake for the last 1/2 hour of class, though perhaps that's in part because we spend a lot of time sitting.  Film class starts in a week, meeting with my first group before then: we've been assigned scenes/roles already, so need to do work on that.  Dreamt about auditioning, woman in dream laughed at me and said I was not "getting a call back."  The best one can do is to do all the prep work and be ready to go.  We were shaping monologues last night (though, I didn't get to mine, so I'm a little behind now...I'm gonna have to have my roommate watch/listen, she did offer, between now and Monday) and talking about being specific vs. general, and that was one of the things the casting director said to me (and when you do something, do it!) when I worked up the nerve to ask her how I could improve as opposed to walking out with my tail between my legs and giving up (in the dream.)  You know everything you need to say, and then you say and experience it as if for the first time (every time.)  Discovery in the moment.  Anyway, reading Macbeth, and need to read Hedda Gabler again (read over the weekend, plus Twelfth Night) with script analysis, before I meet with my group.  I am excited to start that.  Meeting with my scene partner tonight.  (And we got to go over it in front of the class last night, so at least that one is a little further along.)

And I should list stuff to give away, go through the boxes again...I don't want to move them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment