Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Well, that's over

I had a gawd-awful audition.  Not sure why, but my nerves got the best of me, and I got lost in the monologue a third of the way through and had to start over.  And I know this backward and forward, I've had it memorized for months, and practice it multiple times a day.  And then I sang which was awful, as well.  So, obviously didn't get a call-back...I wouldn't have called me back either, though, the casting call wasn't super specific except in asking for dancers to audition, which I have little experience with, but was given a slot anyway.  I think that might have been one of the worst auditions I've done, at any rate, the experience, even if awful, is worthwhile, I was reminded of all the stuff I need to be working on (in all our copious "free-time," as a friend pointed out.  Though, I'll say, you will find the time if it matters to you, lord knows I waste enough time looking at Facebook and youtube videos.  Hours I can't get back.)

Training is good.  I got split into the newbie group, which in a way is good, as we are getting the breakdown in a way I didn't get last year.  Last year, we picked it up by being in the larger group and learning from the people who had been practicing for longer.  And it's good, because I've forgotten a lot of form, and I need to figure out if I can stretch somehow to make my ankles more flexible, or if this is my state of being I need to adjust to.  I used to trail run, and have sprained my ankles a number of time which affected flexibility.  And some of the forms are super uncomfortable to hold with my feet.  Thankfully, it's cooling down today,  the break-out room's been like working out in a hot yoga studio.

Finally will be filming our class thing in the next week.  The screening got pushed back a week.  We are filming after my class (so, really late) 'cos the event happens after dark.  Feeling somewhat out of touch, we haven't worked together in over a month.  Hope it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment