Sunday, July 17, 2016

Food stuff

Been obsessing about this banana "cake" recipe, so finally made it this morning for a potluck earlier today.  Too sweet, and the baking time said "1 hour at 350 F," at 30 minutes it looked like it was burning, so took it out.  It's a little dry, is actually a recipe for cookie "bars" but is halfway between a cake and a bar.  There was another recipe for a cream cheese frosting, so I added that, that one needs to be tweaked, as well.  Now I feel the need to tweak it so it works.  I have a memory of something I had as a child, in reality, it probably came out of a vending machine, but it was some sorta' banana cake.  Have not come across anything similar since.  This one was from that cookie book I asked my mom if I could have awhile back (I think it's from the early 1960's.).  I have a lot of cookbooks/recipe magazines, I'm gonna attempt to make something I haven't tried before from them.  (Which is a lot, for instance, I've only ever made two recipes out of this one before, oatmeal, and peanut butter cookies.  Some of these Spanish recipes are quite involved, and then I have one I bought at the airport in Helsinki that uses various weeds.)  I'm not doing any acting at the moment, and I need a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment