Sunday, July 31, 2016

Stories to remember

There is a bird with a very high-pitched wheeze outside my window, sharp, it cuts through all other sound.  The clouds are burning off, and soon it will be hot again, in the house.  Thankful for the lull over the past couple of mornings.  Have a bug to clean today, although, stopping to write is putting a bit of a drag on the energy.  Have cleaned a table, and put out new flowers.  At least that looks nice.

Looking at the photos people are posting from the reunion makes me a little regretful. I went to another friend's gig on Friday night, she was in our class as well.  The band before did an REM cover from about 30 years ago, and it was a strange, "where am I?" moment, could've been at a gig back in my 20's again, everyone knew the song.

Read a couple screenplays with former classmates yesterday.  Thankful that someone organized it, also a Meisner group for continuing practice.  Back to the idea that to do art, you need to practice it, but acting is hard to practice alone, since so much of it involves your reaction, to a situation, to another person.  Also, these people are really good at improv (we did improv for some situations after reading the screenplays a couple of times, to see what else came up.)  Really important for everyone, to see what the subtext is, what's going on, what each person thinks the scene is about.

Walking home from an ice cream shop the other day, I cut across the grass, so I could walk barefoot, and decided to check out the fig tree.  Someone was up on the tree, and threw me a couple of figs, the second one burst in my hand, so I ate it when I got home.  They were massive, and juicy, must've been the rain last week.  I appreciate fresh figs from the grocery store, but like any other fruit, so much better from the tree, almost not even comparable.

Earlier today, I went to shake someone's hand, and they bent as if to kiss it, but then stopped.  Someone I'd never met.

All this reading of other people's stories reminds me that I should write my own, things I want to remember, before I forget them.  (And then also, to give myself the liberty to make them into fiction, but not yet.)  And as I began cleaning, I came across undeveloped rolls of film, and I'm itching to get them developed.  They are old, I haven't shot film in a while.  Hopefully, some are from Finland, and from Portugal/Galicia (5 years old, now, I have a memory of taking pictures of some goats in Finistere, late in the day, before I got lost looking for Ara Solis, which doesn't exist.)  Can't get anywhere today to develop them, so will have to wait.  There's a lot of film, at least they are all in one place, now.

I should just dedicate 15 minutes to one area, then I won't get overwhelmed and might actually accomplish something.

Oh, poop, primary ballots are due on Tuesday, need to figure that out, lot of people running.

No comments:

Post a Comment