Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Feeling liberated

Well, count that one as a win for nerves.  Monologue barely in my head when I walked into the audition, and I was so shaky.  Had to restart.  Also, situation not particularly helped by the fact that I decided to go with a new monologue this morning.  Been working on it all day, but not really enough time to do it justice.  Still have been having a hard time finding material in my age range (monologue-wise, been finding plays/scenes, but the women characters in them don't have any long bits of text, so you have to piece them together.)  The one I've worked on the most, also pieced together from dialogue, is from the play I just auditioned for, so didn't want to use it; it could go either way, I suppose, but prefer not to risk it.  At any rate, I can work on it more and use it in the future.  I do like it.  (Well, both of them.)

Took the day off to get ready, get the head shot printed, the resume updated (which of course, after I'd already gotten back home, I realized the formatting had moved, which looked bad.  But didn't have time to fix it.)  Currently feel rather free (the stress of the audition being over), but have to get back to the writing now.  Don't know if it's too late to turn it in, but good practice, nonetheless.  Wish I'd taken off the rest of the week, it's slow at work, and I need to use up vacation time, plus it's a really nice time of year to be on vacation.

I should eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment