Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stormy

The storm turned out to be more of a wind event than rain.  Currently under a bubble of blue sky, and managed to get around the lake this morning, rain threatening, but not manifesting, until I'd already gotten back in the front door, and even then, not heavy nor lasting long.  But it is quite windy.  Picked up after I'd started walking, tree debris airborne, everywhere.  Part of a big-leaf maple broke off the trunk and fell across at least one lane of Aurora.  I neither saw nor heard it fall, but I think it had been recent as someone was up on the road trying to call it in, and someone else had gone up to direct the traffic around it.  Later, I heard a crack and saw another large (dead) part of a tree fall on a hillside above some parked cars.  Overall, lots of willow and maple branches falling.  The first wind in a long while, so lots of leaves and branches the trees are ready to let go of, especially with the drought on top of everything else.  And it's quite warm, which is also unusual for a windstorm here.

We've had a few power surges, nothing major.  I want to go to the store (and I need to go pay for the food I got yesterday, the machines were malfunctioning, so they said to come back and pay), but every time I think to go, I hear something crack outside.  

I did some writing, but still waiting to hit some vein of inspiration.  Still just slogging through it.  I need to have something soon, today if possible.  I've asked some of my former classmates if they would meet with me to listen and offer feedback, and some said, "yes," so I need to have something to present.  (Gave myself a real deadline.)

I hate asking for things, I tend to avoid it.  Have had to ask major favors lately (still have a huge one that I haven't asked yet).  It's good practice for me to do it, we all need something at some point, it's just easier to give than to receive, or to admit I need anything.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment