Friday, August 14, 2015

Finally, real rain falls

Sometime around 4 am, the rain began to hit the roof, sounding like walking in the attic, the boards groaning under the pressure.  I got up to look out the window, and to close it; two people shouted and ran, one following the other, down the street.  No idea where they came from.  Didn't occur to me until much later that it was a little odd for 4 am.  A little bit of thunder, a little bit of lightning, and two quick bands of rain.  Again, by the time I left my house, the pavement was mostly dry.  Bands of rain running up either side of the Puget Sound Basin, but as of noon, none falling here, at least not enough to make a difference.

A little later, the sky darkens as the two bands converge, and thunder rolls in the distance.  The leaves outside my window begin to flick, one at a time, under the weight of large drops, like some sorta' sped up animation (or time-lapse sequence.) Lightning flashes through the window followed shortly by a long (but not loud) peal of thunder.  By 1:30, it's a deluge.  Finally enough to soak the ground, feels like it's been months since we've had that.  Between 1 1/2" - 2" by the time I got home.  We certainly needed it, but it was somewhat dramatic.  I think it's still raining.

I think I've placed myself in too tight of a box as to the specifics of what my idea was.  What I presented to the producer.  Gotta find myself an out; I've written a lot over the past week, not much of it useful.  Thankfully, I managed to find my syllabus from the Solo Performance class, I'm gonna work my way through the exercises and see what that generates.  I have to stay with the gist of the source material, but hopefully can get myself out of this block.  I'm giving myself a draft deadline of Sunday...plus I have an audition I need to prepare for.

Someone is cooking something that smells good.  I should make dinner.  We had a garden party scheduled for this evening, but I'm guessing it got cancelled.  Just as well, I don't need more distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment