Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday

Emptied out the contents of my closet (the clothing part, anyway) onto my bed an hour before I had to leave the house.  The clothes I was definitely keeping were (rather neatly) hung back in the closet; the pile I was parting with were dropped off in a bin on my way to the bus stop; and I came home to the uncommitted still strewn across my bed...they are back in the closet for the time being, I would like to get some sleep.

Went and saw "Emboldened" again this afternoon, I was working front-of-house.  Stayed for a workshop after, wasn't sure what to expect, but there was food.  It ended up being writing, and acting exercises built around themes we threw out that we picked out from the play.  At one point we wrote about what music was inside us (writing prompts related to that), and most people wrote about music when they know they are on their right path, I wrote about the crashing cymbals, and by the end, came to the conclusion that when I hear those, it's because I'm not being true to myself; so, kinda' the opposite of many people, but useful to know.

As far as the show itself goes, it was good last week, but they killed it tonight.  If not my favorite show, it's certainly one of the top of the year so far, and giving "Live from the Last Night of My Life" a run for the money.  So good.  Plays one more show tomorrow night at Theatre Off Jackson.

Saw an overwhelming amount of art on Friday night ("Out of Sight" at King Street Station, an Artist Trust exhibit of the people who had won grants (I think), and while making my way to a bus stop, feet aching for some reason, I saw a sign for another show, so went and checked that out as well.)  Saturday, I mostly did nothing.

Inspired to think outside of the box, the whole joy of experiencing art for me.  There is more possibility than we imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment