Friday, June 24, 2022

Ambasmestas

 I guess the reason for her difficulty was that so many accommodations we're closed. Hard to tell if temporary or permanent. I saw very few people walking today, mostly encountered cyclists.  Took a long lunch break, checked my guide and happily realized I had less than 6 kms to go. This is a very quiet village.  I think there are other people staying here. I have a covered balcony. It overlooks main street, but at least I can put my shoes outside.  I'm staying in a hotel. (53 Euros for room and full board. And I'm glad I chose that, as there really isn't any place else to eat, unless I walk one village back or one forward.)

Stopped for second breakfast in Villafranca del Bierzo, and to go to pharmacy. Pharmacist wanted to look at my feet. He put a bandage over my tailor's bunion as if it were a blister. I thought it was sweet, though I did have to reposition it further on.  It did help with the pain in the end. 

I'm still full from lunch and dinner is in an hour.  Breakfast is at 7:15, it'll be another late start.  I wonder how busy it really is? 

I think I hear a bread van, kinda late in the day.

Hotel Ambasmestas, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment