Friday, June 17, 2022

Bit the Bullet

 Staying in a big albergue in Hontanas, seems to still have beds. I'd stopped in a place called San Bol, it was full, so I couldn't stay. I'd gotten blisters because it's tailor's bunion pain or blisters (not lacing first part of show to create more space in the toe box, it makes my feet slide more.) These French peregrinos didn't think I should walk to next village, distance, heat, limping, and asked the man who was cleaning if he'd drive me there, also he called and held a bed for me, and for another French peregrino, whom I think has a knee issue. So, we are both here.  Also, the kindness of the French people kept making me cry.

Have finally done laundry, waiting for a shower. Then I'll have to deal with my feet more.

My internet is dropping in and out. Apparently my phone company was bought out, and I might have issues until I remove and reload app. I can't remember my password, neglected to write it down.  

The storm arrived late. I was watching TV but turned it off because I thought it was flashing too much.  In retrospect, I think it was the lightning. Flashed for a long time in silence, got quite windy, when I looked out the window, lots of crap blowing under the street lamps.

Later the rain came, and I thought I saw some pale animal dashing through the wheat.  Been humid today.

Lots and lots of butterflies today. Also a couple of big green lizards. Woke up at 5:30, but didn't get out until 7. Will probably easier tomorrow with all the other people getting up.

A woman who was washing laundry with me said she hasn't booked ahead at all.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment