Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday

Days should sometimes have "re-start."  Again, it's a long series of piddly things, but a never-ending series of piddly things that are taking so much longer to correct that would be warranted.  And you can be as clear as possible, and still somehow the words are misconstrued, and so something relatively simple, drags on and on.  And there has been a lot going on this week.

And also, I just hurt (physically.)  Not sure if it was something I ate earlier in the week... both hands hurt, back is getting worse, added a second spot (yay!)  Went to a chiropractor, followed by a masseuse, who really dug into all the sore places (and told me to ice, which I did), including the deep hip muscles, psoas, (which helped, I think.)  Then acupuncture this morning, and she hit a lung point in my arm, causing me to kick up my opposite leg, and slam my foot back down on the table, and then sob for 10 minutes (when I was fine the moment before.)  I suppose it released something (lung points are related to grief), but I don't know what, no thoughts or memories surfaced connected to it.  Maybe I don't need to know.

And it's tough.  In many ways this week has been fantastic, I suppose it's all the extremes, and not a lot of neutral.  We saw our edits of "Hedda" which in some ways were painful, but also good to see how we looked on film, and to get feedback on what we need to change (our group didn't get the "acting Ibsen" comment, I don't think the first group did either, but neither group opted for time period, we didn't because neither of the women had the right clothes), but most of us got "show less", which might be different from stage simply because the camera isn't right in your face, and I got the "pushing" comment again (to be forcing a reaction), which was funny, as I actually felt in the moment, that I was honestly reacting to my scene partners; I felt authentic...oh, well, something to continue to work on.  And then something about our blocking (at times) being predictable...so, yeah, cringe-worthy at times, but fun.  All the feedback is useful, if there is nothing said, there's nothing to learn, and you'll never improve.  And at all stages, you can always improve.  And now working on two other projects, have the script for one (and need to memorize it tonight), and will have the other Monday or Tuesday.  And Shakespeare is going good, though I have more reading to do for that, as well.  (And as an aside, I was reading the Arden for "Macbeth," and there was a period of performance where it had basically become a musical, with songs and dances involving the witches, and the witches kept multiplying, and the play got too long, so dialogue was cut elsewhere.  And then directors kept promising to get back to the original text, but inevitably, the witches, and the music numbers kept encroaching...I'm very amused by this, I was cracking up while reading it, mostly because the description was in the middle of, otherwise, dry text.

It was beautifully sunny, and warm, this morning, but now the rains have returned.  Fifteen inches above normal for the rainy season.  Bricks are shifting, and the cement tiles near the freeway entrance that my bus took this morning is cordoned off with flagging tape marked "Danger!"  The cement blocks buckling and sliding down in the mud.  They've been there for years.

The cherry trees are almost in full bloom at the University; the crowds have arrived.  The rain is not much deterrence.  I think they are earlier than last year, perhaps by a week?

Cherry Blossom, March 7/L Herlevi 2016
And someone left a plate of cheese out on the counter: cheese is my weakness.

Oh, and somehow did not make it through the day without falling into snark, a parting shot (and completely inappropriate)...lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment