Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday

Spending my time walking through other people's days.  Took the day off because I thought I would get the shot in my hand, but the doc decided against it for now.  Removed all trace of me from the schedule so I wouldn't get charged for the visit.  This man is so kind he makes me cry.  There are people who go into medical professions to really hear the people they serve, and to partner with them in their well-being, as opposed to bully or paternalize:  he's one of the former.  (My first RA doctor was a bully, for the record, and as I wasn't allowed a different doctor at that particular hospital, I switched hospital systems.  Maybe it was "tough love," but I've never found that to work for me.  Getting bad news already leaves you shell-shocked, your life not being what you thought it would, and you have to gather yourself and reimagine yourself and your future and the implications...that's hard enough without being bullied to make decisions you aren't ready to make.  Sure they have to do their job, but I'm still a human being, an individual, not something to check off a list.  Not a metric.)

Anyway, was going to try to make a matinee of "Ran" but ended up going to the "First Folio" exhibit at the library instead because it was relatively quiet.  Ran into a classmate on the elevator, thumbed through a local portrait book of artists/writers/art supporters, wrote letters, ran into another friend at the bus stop, and by the time I got home, most of the day had passed: I have to be at singing rehearsal in a couple of hours.  It's Good Friday, a heavy singing committment, as is Easter.  We are still doing the long song I really don't like (and I guess that seems to be a theme for others), just have to find the meditation in it, I believe that's why we sing it.  Try to stay present and not let my mind wander all over (it's just very long and monotonous.)  As a consolation, I love two of the other songs we sing, so I guess they are the reward for getting through this one.

Thought I heard a swallow singing in a foyer yesterday afternoon.  When I went to look, it flew.  The voice was familiar, a long cadence echoing against the stone, though no clicking (which they do.)  Another sign of changing seasons.  Also, billowing towers of insects illuminated in the light of the setting sun: that's recent as well.  (And some mosquito-like insects are currently plastered against my window.  They can't come in.)

And came home to personal mail (for Easter from my parents, and a congrats on working on the film from my sister.)  And finally met my new housemate, he lives across the hall from me, and though he's been here almost a month, I hadn't actually run into him.  We keep different hours.

It is so quiet now.

Must remember to put my dress on properly this year (no more sideways, though, I'm not sure I could figure out how to do that again if I tried.)  A couple of random pictures (perfecting my "bigfoot" walk here.)

We were young

Last evening on the Quad, March 24/L Herlevi 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment