Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Not yet 11 pm

Lost my wallet at some point this evening.  Didn't realize it until I walked into a cafe to buy something to take to class for dinner and didn't have it.  I was about to go look for it when someone asked me to read for their film, so I stayed and did that...priorities, I suppose:  I want to work on a film.  It's a comedy, too.  I hope he keeps me.  Hopefully, I left the wallet locked up somewhere.  Nothing I can do about it now, though I did check to see if the card had been used, it hadn't.

I've been thinking about the film we shot, and, "Oh, I shoulda' thought about this," or "worked out what happened," "the why of some other thing."  I should write them down, so I try to remember to do it next time.  There's a lot to think about, such as having the lines down, and delivering them like an actual human speaking in real life, and trying to figure out what I thought about what the other character was saying, how I felt about him, etc., and then the physical aspects of it.  I have to get used to making choices and internalizing faster.  Theatre has a luxury of a little more time to work on the character and relationships to the world and other characters.  Film's just quicker, especially if you're working with little or no budget.

At any rate, the short films for the festival screen this Friday.  Have only seen the trailer.  I'm curious, excited to see it...hope I don't suck (although, there is something to learn from that, even.)

No comments:

Post a Comment