Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Tuesday

The energy was strange today, somewhat aggressive in the latter half of the day.  Started out fine enough, although, all of the bus routes to my neighborhood have changed, and that combined with all the construction zones, I feel like I'm navigating a new city.  And then tonight, trying to figure out the quickest way to get to rehearsal, the transit system website kept giving me information for an hour previous, i.e., I typed the request after 6 pm, trying to arrive by 7 pm, and it gave me an arrival time at my destination for 5:24 pm.  I got lucky with the bus I caught this morning, there wasn't a schedule for it, but it did end up where I wanted to go (it's a new route.)  Managed to make it to rehearsal on time, but not everyone showed up, not sure what happened.  We couldn't get ahold of him.  Anyway, we didn't end up rehearsing.

Saw yet another new doctor, this one for a second opinion I should have had a while ago.  She talked with me for a long time; I've needed to talk to someone since last summer; the first opinion doctor had scared me, and I've had anxiety (regarding cancer risk) for months.  I mean I think the risk was low, but the aggressiveness of the follow-up freaked me out (those two things didn't jive); and not knowing left other things in limbo, which are somewhat resolved now.  I just have to get through the other two, but I feel better about that at least.  (Avoidance wasn't my only reason for waiting, I wanted insurance to pay, and I wanted to see if changing things in my diet and life would help, and I had to wait for that and other reasons.)

Ended up at the Odd Fellows Cafe again, three times in the past two weeks, after not going stepping a foot in there for at least a couple of years.  It's because I'm in the neighborhood a lot lately, it's on the way to the bus stop, or now, the light rail.  And I don't tend to crave biscuits or jam, but keep finding myself ordering theirs.  They're really good.

The rest of the day was convoluted, and frustrating.  I was actually relishing hating things to myself (things I was finding pretentious, jargon, bureaucracy, my existence being called into question and with that, the legitimacy of my actually being able to do my job, etc...) not something I usually let myself do, or actually, not something I usually want to do.  I figured it was better than taking it out on someone.

My camera has been goofy.  I don't think it likes working any more, though sometimes if I take the batteries out and move their positions it will let me take a picture.

Here's a tree, or two.  I'm gonna go eat the rest of the biscuit.

Things with trees, March 28/L Herlevi 2016

Shadow, March 28/L Herlevi, 2016

Now the sun arrives as the blossoms depart, March 2/L Herlevi 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment