Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7

Well, cooked with alcohol, but didn't drink any.  Made risotto, or an attempt at it: it didn't get "saucy, " though made for a pleasant pilaf.  Made rice pudding last night, a Puerto Rican version.  Also didn't turn out...tastes somehow "buttery."  Called for a teaspoon of salt, and in 5 cups of liquid, that still tastes salty. I've made this before, and it tastes wrong, not bad, just not the coconut flavor I was expecting.  It has sugar, but I didn't put in the full amount, still, it's a bit cheating.  I'm going to try to make a coconut pudding without sugar for my birthday, which is Wednesday. Will throw in a bit of maple syrup. At any rate, my consumption of junk food has gone way down.  Off to gnaw some more on the baking chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment