Wednesday, January 23, 2013

falling down

Oh, how far I've fallen off the wagon.  I think I might try again for Lent, it's a longer period of time, but I seem to have had more will-power for it in the past.  It's more the sugar than the alcohol, people keep offering sweets and I keep accepting, plus my throat has been killing me for the past week (will go see someone today) and I've been drinking hot beverages (some sweet, most not) left and right to try to get some relief.  (Had a wonderful lavendar mocha last Saturday from place that makes it's own syrups...later that day I went to an apothecary and the man in front of me was buying herbs to make his own bitters.  The two remind me of each other, the bottles with varying colored liquid extractions or with herbs still in them.  I never know what I would do with them, but they excite me. They're cool.) I just ate a peppermint to counteract the coffee-breath.  I didn't bring any toothpaste with me today.  I'm somewhat afraid of how the doctor is going to see, the pain is pretty far down.  A strep diagnosis would be a relief, however, I don't think that's what it is, it's only in one spot.  I have a voice class (singing) starting up soon, and I don't want this to be a reason to not be able to take it.  I have been wanting to take this class for a couple of years, but lacked the courage and or the money when it's been offered before.  It terrifies me, but I want to be a better singer, and you have to take risks to get better at things. As has been said, "doing what you've always done, gets you what you've always gotten."  Peace, L

No comments:

Post a Comment