Monday, January 14, 2013

cheat, cheat, cheat

And today is another day.  Consumed both sugar (a tall mocha and a pistachio-butter sandwich cookie) and alcohol (Sam Adams Choc Bock, from which I felt no alcohol, at a birthday party) on Saturday, and some sorta' hazelnut-chocolate spread with agave nectar in it yesterday...quite a bit of that actually.  None today, just the unsweetened chocolate, which has about 1/4 of it left. I was tempted by a cookie, but resisted.  Made my own broth yesterday so I could follow a recipe for Avgolemeno soup.  It was probably the way it should be, but I feel like it needs some more low notes, perhaps toasting the rice first.  I've actually never had it before, but it seemed like a good idea for flu season.  I also bought a bottle of pineapple-coconut water in the event of flu, but I drank it immediately...at least I still have the soda crackers.  My stomache is inexpicably killing me now, I didn't eat anything different than yesterday, and last night I was fine.  We have to finish watching a movie in Finnish class tomorrow and I have a physical theatre class I'm looking forward to on Saturday, so I am trying to stay well with my elderberry tincture/cough drops, green tea, chicken broth and lemon soup, lots of sleep and a container of thymol disinfectant wipes that I carry around work and wipe off door-knobs with...now if only the man sitting behind me on the bus hadn't sneezed directly on my head...sigh.

And the sun almost broke through the clouds, enough for the late afternoon light to make the brick glow across the way.  The clouds have thickened again, still no real flurries, only the slightest chance, but as you know, I'll take what I can get. I thought I saw a snow flake clump earlier, but it was probably wishful thinking, or an errant seagull feather.  It is the case often enough, that when there is enough  moisture, it's too warm, or when it's cold enough, it's too dry for snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment