Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday

Trains, planes, and automobiles...or something like that, throw in an Uber, a taxi, and one of those rental bikes, and I'd be covered.  Had an appointment for my ankle "popping" this morning, and just missed the bus that went direct, so ran across the street, caught a bus to the light rail, light rail to Cap Hill, and trolley to the stop nearest the doctor's office.  Only about a minute late.  Have an ankle brace I need to wear for a month, and stabilizing/balancing exercises.  Have the option of getting new orthodics, but he said the old ones are holding up pretty well, so might not.  It probably wouldn't get worse, but I'm planning a trek in the spring, and I want to be as well as possible.  I don't feel like the brace actually supports my ankle all that much.  I have seven months to get it together.  Yeah, it's pretty much Spain, again, at this point.  Already there in my head.  I don't know why I get dates, but I do, had no intention of ever going again, until a couple weeks ago.  Will probably do the Pyrenees crossing, if the weather is good, and not sure after that.  Probably only taking 3 weeks (I'll have 8 weeks of vacation by that point, because I never take it, but it's not reasonable to take that much time off of work.)

Worked at 14/48 all day Saturday (food stuff), another friend drove me to a bus stop after the first run, it was at a park, no where near any buses.  And it was late.  This actor whose work I like introduced himself to me, and he's in a show and asked for me email so he could send me a discount code.  (I said something about really liking his work, and wanting to see him in something else.  I was basically gushing, like an idiot, but I'd been talking to someone else about it, and then he showed up, so why not?)  Not a big deal if he doesn't, I wrote on a scrap of paper, and if he even finds it later, he'll probably wonder why he has it, and what it was.

My sister is in town, staying with a friend, until she can move into her new place later this week.  Saw her yesterday, we wandered around in the ravine.  I wanted to walk to the far end, as I hadn't been there in a while.  I guess it was a long while (although 3 years max), there is now a forest along the stream...didn't recognize it at all, it's like a different park.

The singing gig went well.  The acoustics in the museum were wonderful...the kinda' place where you can hear your own voice come back at you, and it sounds good.  We got stuck in traffic driving down, so my ride decided to avoid the freeway coming back and we caught the Southworth ferry.  I'd never been either to Gig Harbor or Southworth before, so it was sorta' like a vacation.  At least I got out of town.  And the ferry was cool, since it has two stops, they load the cars facing different directions, some of which drove forward and then turned around, and some of which backed onto the ferry.  They must do that on other multi-stop ferries, but I'd never noticed it before.  Gig Harbor is beautiful, and it was a lot cooler out there, than in the city.  That was the hottest day of the summer.  I think both the choirs start up again for real after Labor Day.

Enjoying the free evenings, those are going away soon.

Just heard Gene Wilder died, man, I loved him...there was something lovely, kind, and (as someone else pointed out) sadistic, about the old school comedic actors that you really don't see anymore.  There was a sting and a truth, but it was never vicious.  RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment