Thursday, September 7, 2017

Re-injure

On my way to run errands before choir practice, I tripped and landed on my foot sideways.  Made it home, but it's pretty swollen, and it hurts (not unbearablly so, but pretty bad.)  Kinda' threw out my back, too.  So, instead of choir, I'm lying around with my foot wrapped in an Ace bandage, and elevated.  Waiting for the ice-pack to re-freeze.  I guess, at least it's the same foot as before?  I can use the boot if necessary.  I hope it's just a sprain.  My new housemate asked if I needed a ride somewhere, which was nice.  I'm gonna wait and see how I feel in the morning, and there's clinic across the street from work.

Speaking of the house, the whole house turned over, except the man in the room next to me, and myself.  Change is inevitable, as much as I get anxious about it.  Lot of change, which alternates between excitement and terror, or maybe they are two sides of the same thing.

The hoped for rain never arrived.  So the smoke still lingers.  Yesterday and today, all day, an orange glow where the sunlight broke through. It was like dawn all day.  Every moment a new beginning, a chance to start over.  Endless chances.  Strange light.

After saying I didn't know what I would do with my time, a neighbor posted that she was giving away plums, if anyone wanted, so I walked up and picked some.  Coming home, not very late, very little traffic, no one out on the streets, the few cars I saw had headlights burning early.  It must be the smoke.

Maybe I should've taken higher anti-inflammatories...this is really starting to hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment