Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday afternoon

Hallelujah, it's finally raining!  (Doubly pleased because we really need the rain, and also because it means I can get away with basically doing nothing much for the rest of the day.  Need to go work on the garden...really need to work on the garden, but don't feel like going.)  The rain will kinda' be a pain with the boot (which I am now wearing for three more weeks, and I overwalked on it, and it hurts a bit.  Somehow misplaced the compression wrap last night, not too many places it could've gotten to, but eluding me at the moment.)  Reading "High Fidelity" to try to finish it.  Had a conversation about it (well, the movie) with a friend a few weeks back.  Thought I'd try to read it for part of the Bingo thing (book that was turned into a movie), but the hold didn't come in in time, so read "Fahrenheit 451" instead; I'd watched the latter movie earlier in the summer, book and movie different enough to make it interesting (the ending is very different, the book more grim.)

I have another book, overdue, to finish, and I want to work on cold reading (need to work on monologues, too, but wasn't gonna do that today.)  Went to a show with a friend on Friday night, and made me think that it's time to get off my ass and audition, again.  If you don't work for the things that matter to you, you just find yourself older and in the same place.

And then the facing of myself in ways that only come out in relation to someone else that brings them out.  As in everything, theory is interesting, but not the same as living.  And getting along with someone so well, I find myself afraid it's a fluke...only to remind myself, I have had real, honest, close friendships that weren't hard work all the time.  I have to remind myself: not everything has to be hard all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment